Tuesday, December 31, 2013

A Brave 2013


I was looking back at my old New Years Eve blog posts and saw that they were both titled, "Farewell (insert year)." This is usually a common and appropriate blog post title for moving on, but I began to read more into the post and found myself describing both of the years as difficult. I felt that the idea of saying goodbye to a year that has affected me emotionally and physically was a right thing to do, but I realized there was more to saying goodbye. I don't always want the end of the year to be with a negative attitude, but a sense of satisfaction. For me, I had a few difficult years of trying to understand myself and I ended up on continuing that journey of self discovery by living.

2013 is the year of being brave.

Being brave doesn't entirely mean being completely fearless. It's having the courage to take action even if you are afraid.

I'm thankful for my friends and family in supporting me all throughout my life. They make me brave. 2013 has given me the opportunity to do so much. I traveled around the world. I volunteered in Africa. I bungee jumped off the world's tallest bungee bridge. I sang at an open mic night. I continue to fight my greatest battle. I learned how to love again.

I was brave. And 2014 will allow me to continue this courage.

2 comments:

jourordinaire said...

love you!!! love everything about this post. i'm so happy that i got to walk n a teensy tiny part of your growth and watch you during that. it is truly beautiful and a blessing to have taken part in an integral part of your life at AU (and beyond, i'm sure). <33
symph

jourordinaire said...

love you!!! love everything about this post. i'm so happy that i got to walk n a teensy tiny part of your growth and watch you during that. it is truly beautiful and a blessing to have taken part in an integral part of your life at AU (and beyond, i'm sure). <33
symph